Friday, May 27, 2011

Pruett-Leduc ready for Pro Mod debut in Englishtown

(Leah Pruett-Leduc. Photo Courtesy of Go2Geiger PR)

After several successful test runs in the RoadRage.com Camaro, R2B2 Racing's newest addition, Leah Pruett-Leduc, will make her Get Screened America Pro Mod Series debut June 3-5 at the NHRA SuperNationals in Englishtown, N.J.

"Pro Mod is the most difficult car I've ever driven," said Pruett-LeDuc, the reigning Nostalgia Funny Car champion. "I feel fully prepared for Englishtown. I'm very comfortable in the car, but it definitely keeps you on your toes."

Pruett-Leduc's addition to the team will cause some shuffling around the R2B2 Racing pits. Pruett-Leduc will drive the supercharged RoadRage.com Camaro previously driven by Melanie Troxel, who will take over the silver turbocharged ProCare Rx Corvette driven by team owner Roger Burgess through the first part of the season. Burgess moves into a blue turbocharged Firebird for the remainder of the season.

"There's a lot going on," Pruett-Leduc said. "For my part, I'm just going to take it slow. I don't anticipate lighting the world on fire, but at the same time I am a competitive person so when I get out there I'm going to want to win.

"I know I'm going to have to be cautious at first because I'm still new to this class and these cars. Being a smart driver is just as important at this point as qualifying for the race."

On top of her duties in her new Pro Mod ride, Pruett-Leduc is starting a driver training program with newly hired R2B2 VP of research and development John Medlen in a Funny Car. The goal with that particular project is to be ready to race and have plenty of laps under her belt if and when a sponsor for a second R2B2 Racing Funny Car is secured.

"It's a point of pride for me to bring a sponsor to Roger," Pruett-Leduc said. "Right now, it's all about getting laps so that when something does come along, we'll be ready to go.

"We’re using a restrictor plate on the engine and making passes whenever we can. I'm just tickled about it. I hadn't been in a real nitro car for more than two years, and when I got back in one, it was amazing."

Pruett-Leduc's first competitive pass in the Get Screened America Pro Mod Series will come next Friday at Old Bridge Township Raceway.

No comments:

Post a Comment