Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Inside Motorsports Preview: Memorial Day Weekend Edition

Memorial Day Weekend is one of the biggest in motorsports and Inside Motorsports has you covered. This week's column focuses on Don Miller, a former St. Louis resident who discovered Rusty Wallace and was the right-hand man for Roger Penske for decades. He has also written a new book called Miller's Time and I would highly recommend you get it.

I will also be traveling this weekend to as diverse a selection of races as possible. Friday I start off at Gateway International Raceway for the Muscle Car Reunion and Nostalgia Drags and then head over to Tri-City Speedway for their regular Friday night show. On Saturday, I journey to O'Reilly Raceway Park for the USAC Night Before the 500 midget series race. Sunday, I plant myself firmly in front of the tube for 1,100 miles of great racing and finally, on Monday, I head to Macon (Ill.) Speedway for their NASCAR Day featuring area favorites Kenny Wallace, Ken Schrader, and Justin Allgaier.

Be sure to check here frequently for updates, photos, and whatnot. Enjoy the racing this weekend and be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment